E. Dendy Sloan
University Professor Emeritus, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Cognitive neuroscience and epistemology
- BS, MS, PhD – Clemson University
- Post-Doctoral Study – Rice University
- Sloan, E.D., and Vestal, C.R., History of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, 1944-2019, 364 pages, Amazon, (2019)
- Sloan, E.D., and Norrgran C., Neuroscience, Memory, and Learning, 2nd Ed, 213 pages, Amazon (2018)
- Sloan, E.D., and Norrgran C., Neuroscience, Memory, and Learning, Createspace (2013)
- Sloan, E.D., Koh, C.A., Sum, A.K, Creek, J.L, Talley, L., Shoup, G., Ballard, A., McMullen,N., Palermo, T. Hydrate Engineering, Elsevier (2011).
- Sloan, E.D. and Koh, C.A., Clathrate Hydrates of Natural Gases, 3rd Edition, Taylor & Francis/CRC Press 720 pages and software (2008)
- Sloan, E.D., Hydrate Engineering, Monograph 21, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Richardson TX, 89pp, CD, 2000
- Sloan, E. D., Clathrate Hydrates of Natural Gases, (2nd Ed) Marcel Dekker, New York, 705 pp, software, 1998.
- 305 publications on the topic of Clathrate Hydrates
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Distinguished Achievement Award, Offshore Technology Conference, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award, Seventh International Conference on Gas Hydrates
- 2009 University Emeritus Professor of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- 2011 George R. Brown Medal, Colorado School of Mines Trustees
- 2009 Dean’s Excellence Award, Colorado School of Mines
- 2008 Outstanding Professor in Chemical Engineering Department (Student Alumni Award)
- 2006 Outstanding Professor in Chemical Engineering Department (Student Alumni Award)
- 2002 John Erskine Fellow, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2000 Donald L. Katz Award for Research, Gas Processors Association
- 1996 Distinguished Lecturer of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- 1996 Tokyo Electric Power Company Chair, Keio University, Tokyo.
- 1994 Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- 1992 Best Paper of 1991 Award in Journal of Petroleum Technology.
- 1990 W. H. Corcoran Award for Best Paper in Chemical Engineering Education (1989).
- 1988 Presidential Award as Outstanding Educator at the Colorado School of Mines.