Ahmad Afif Abdul Majid
Chemical and Biological Engineering Research Faculty
My research expertise is in rheology of gas hydrate slurries, droplet and particle size distribution, flow assurance in oil/gas flowlines. My research interests include studying the thermodynamic and kinetic properties of gas hydrates system. My current research works includes gas hydrate for technological applications such as desalination, separation, and energy storage.
BSE Chemical Engineering (minor Mathematics), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
MS Chemical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
PhD Chemical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- A. A. A. Majid, M. Saidian, M. Prasad, C.A. Koh, “Measurement of the Water Droplet Size in Water-in-Oil Emulsions Using Low Field Nuclear Magnetic Resonance for Gas Hydrate Slurry Application,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 93 (10), 1007-1015, 2015.
- A. A. A. Majid, W. Lee, V. Srivastava, L. Chen, P. Warrier, G. Grasso, P. Vijayamohan, P. Chaudhari, E. D. Sloan, C. A. Koh, L. Zerpa, “Experimental Investigation of Gas Hydrate Formation and Particle Transportability in Fully and Partially Dispersed Multiphase Flow Systems Using a High Pressure Flowloop,” SPE Journal, 2018
- A. A. A. Majid, D. T. Wu, C. A. Koh, “New In-Situ Measurements of the Viscosity of Gas Clathrate Hydrate Slurries Formed from Model Water-in-Oil Emulsions,” Langmuir, (33),42,11436-11445, 2017
- A. A. A. Majid, D. T. Wu, C. A. Koh, “A Perspective on Rheological Studies of Gas Hydrate Slurry Properties,” Green Engineering, 2018.
- A. A. A. Majid, B. Tanner, C.A. Koh, “Cyclopentane Hydrate Slurry Viscosity Measurement Coupled with Visualization” Molecular Physics, (117), 23, 3860-3870, 2019.
- A. A. A. Majid, C. A. Koh, “Phase behavior and kinetics properties of gas hydrates in confinement and its application,” AIChE Journal, 64 (3), 2021.
- A. A. A. Majid, J.L. Creek, S. Subramanian, D. A. Estanga, C. A. Koh, “Rapid Screening Method for Hydrate Agglomeration and Plugging Assessment Using High Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimetry,” Fuel, 306, 121625, 2021.